RWB Property Management is committed to sustainability. We want to consider the effects on the environment and the people around us of the the choices we make in our daily activities. For this reason, during maintenance an increasing amount of interest is attached to energy saving and hence also cost-saving.
Intelligent use of energy
With your behavior you can have a huge impact on your energy costs. The extent to which the effect is immediately felt, is also determined by whether your home has separate energy meters. Intelligent use of energy can save hundreds of euro’s a year on average. We like to draw your attentions on tips to save money and energy at home.
In addition to direct measures in the house, you can save money by choosing a good energy contract with an energy supplier. To help you do this we would like to breng the company Easy Switch to your attention. This independent website allows you to switch without much effort to another energy supplier.
Other useful tips:
- Lowering the thermostat one degree saves seven percent on your heating costs.
- Set the heater to 15 degrees when you go to sleep.
- Shower two minutes less than usual.
- Replace a regular shower head with a water-saving shower head.
- Television, computer and other equipment also use energy in stand-by mode. It’s best to fully disable them.
- Apply weatherstripping to doors, window frames and behind the mailbox.
- Apply radiator foil behind the radiator when it is placed to an outside wall.
- Disconnect chargers from the outlet when not in use.
- Wash at 30 degrees instead of 60 (this can save you three times as much energy).
- Only wash with a fully loaded washing machine.
- A clothes dryer uses a lot of power. Try to dry the laundry outside with dry weather.
- Defrost the freezer regularly.